Sunday, June 22, 2014

Deco-Mesh Cross Wreath

Deco-Mesh wreaths seem to be really popular now.  This past Easter I used deco-mesh to make a 'Cross Wreath' for mom.


I started with a basic wooden cross as the frame for the wreath.  You will need some pipe cleaners or something to secure the mesh to the wooden frame since it does not come with ties already attached.



Start by using your pipe cleaner to secure the mesh to the bottom of the cross.  I used matching color pipe cleaners so they would blend in with the mesh.



I worked my way up the cross gathering the mesh and securing it with the pipe cleaners.  Make sure you try to use the SAME LENGTH of mesh for each 'poof' and secure it to the frame in EQUALLY spaced sections.  If you don't keep things even there is a tendency for the mesh to look 'lop sided' and uneven.




Once I finished working my way up the cross I started with the left and using the same technique mentioned above I worked my way across to the right side of the frame.  In this picture I'm almost finished.




After the mesh was evenly secured to the cross frame I worked in a few flowers mother had on hand. Plain deco-mesh can look a bit boring, especially if it is a solid color.




I worked the flowers in to the deco-mesh and tucked them in amongst the 'poofs' just to add some color and depth to the wreath.



And here's the finished product... I would have preferred some different colored flowers but there are times when you use what you have because it's easier and way more affordable... and this was the case with the deco-mesh cross wreath.. at any rate... colors and flowers can easily be changed!  I hope you enjoyed the tutorial on how to make a deco-mesh cross wreath.




No comments:

Post a Comment