Monday, November 18, 2013

Deco Mesh Candle Ring

Occasionally I decide that making a candle ring is a great idea for my next crafting project.  This seems simple enough but actually making and crafting the candle ring requires patience  …. The good thing is, …. you don't even need skill or talent to make one!!

This is how I began with mine.



Start with the candle you plan to make a candle ring with.  Use floral wire  and measure the amount you need to circle around the entire candle.




This circle of floral wire shows the measurement for the candle I plan to use… I did make it a tad bit bigger than my candle but that's because I wanted to make sure I had plenty of space for adding my decorations.



The next thing you do is add the deco-mesh of your choice in equal portions to the floral wire.  You can tell from the picture above there are five sections which are tied to the floral wire with matching pipe cleaners.




With each "tied down section" add a decoration or decorative item.  Remember… the deco mesh is meant to serve as a 'backdrop' to the decorations so it doesn't have to be perfect.


The picture here shows how I fastened the decorative items to the floral wire.  I just wrapped the stem of my flowers around the candle ring.



You will probably be able to see where the flowers are tied down when there is no candle in the ring… This doesn't bother me but if you prefer not to see where your decorative items are tied to the candle ring you might want to use hot-glue to attach the decorative items.


I call this one a "War Eagle Christmas" …. although I am not an Auburn fan my dear friend is.. so this is for her.


This picture is a vertical view of the candle ring.


And this one…. is the candle ring with a candle inside.



This is probably my favorite candle ring… I call this one a "Roll Tide Christmas" …. I love the white flowers…. and if you look CLOSELY you can see a little red bow next to the white flower.



Now you can see the little red bow!




I placed the candle ring on a zebra-striped charger… which gives it a really nice punch of color.

No comments:

Post a Comment