Saturday, November 9, 2013

A Roll Tide Burlap Christmas Wreath


In my attempt to make TWO of the exact same wreaths (because I have double doors) I wanted the project to be
 1) easier than making a deco-mesh wreath 
2) affordable since I need two of them.


I started with:
1) flat wood wreath frame
2) some pipe cleaners
3) and the burlap


 Start by attaching one end of the burlap to your wreath frame with a pipe cleaner

 The picture on the left shows a view from the back once you've finished securing the burlap all the way around the wreath frame.--- Notice I tried to keep everything as evenly spaced as possible.


The picture to the right is a view from the front as I'm finishing up.---Again, notice how I tried to keep everything even.. the length of the burlap is the same for each "poof" that you see and all of the "poofs" are tied down with pipe cleaners the same length apart.




This is a finished view from the front…... along with a snapshot of my toes on the left for more amusement….


 Decide on the embellishments you want to add to your wreath.  I decided on this ensemble with some red, white and a bit of greenery.


I used a pipe cleaner and some hot glue to attach everything into one piece.




I added some houndstooth burlap bows… and there you have it!…. I call this my Roll Tide Burlap Christmas Wreath!


Notice each of my embellishments are attached to the areas of the wreath where there were pipe cleaners visible…. if you don't want to have to worry about covering over your pipe cleaners use a pipe cleaner that matches the color you are working with.












No comments:

Post a Comment