Sunday, November 10, 2013

Knorr Smokey Mac & Cheese Pasta

I found this recipe on the back of one of my "emergency pasta" dinners.  It sounded so delicious I was forced to give it a try!  …. So, I followed the directions and the results were (of course) absolutely delicious!!  I posted my pictures and the Knorr recipe below.  If you decide to give it a try you WON'T be disappointed!!








1)  Start with the Knorr 'pasta sides' in the chicken flavor.  The recipe is on the back of this bag!  Prepare it according to package instructions with 2 cups of water and a Tbsp. of butter, which you bring to a boil and then add the contents of the bag.





In the mean while, cook at least two slices of bacon ( I used several more) until they are crispy enough to serve as bacon bits in the pasta.  I cooked mine in the microwave for 3 minutes (covered with a paper towel to keep my microwave clean) .  I learned a long time ago that I HATE frying bacon and one of those 'microwave bacon plates' has totally served it's usefulness in this house!!


I chopped one small green and red bell pepper from my garden.  The recipe called for a chopped onion but personally, I'm not too crazy about onions so I didn't add one.

The recipe also called for shredded pepper jack cheese and the only thing I had was several slices of pepper jack cheese…. so….










I chopped 4 pepper jack slices of cheese and this is what I ended up with including my tiny garden bell peppers.





Chop two cups of cooked chicken.




Bring your pasta to a boil according to the package instructions.




Once the bacon was finished cooking I chopped it to use as bacon bits.


















Add your chopped chicken, chopped bacon, bell peppers and pepper jack cheese during the last 2-3 minutes of cooking (the recipe calls for a chopped onion which I didn't add because I typically don't like onions).  Stir in until everything is well incorporated.










Smokey Bacon, Chicken, Mac & Cheese pasta…. quick, easy and great for a busy afternoon dinner.  This recipe also works great when utilizing left-overs for 'next day' lunch!!








No comments:

Post a Comment