Sunday, November 3, 2013

Twine Wrapped Pringles Can






I love the idea of up-cycling... taking something you would ordinarily just trash and turning it into something decorative and useful.  Well, for this craft... it was a Pringles can.  I've seen a lot of tutorials about how the Pringles can is the perfect size to hold your spaghetti... So that's what I decided I would do with it!



 Start by hot glueing the first layer of twine around the can.  Continue wrapping the twine around the Pringles can and hot glueing "here and there."


You do NOT have to got glue ALL of the twine. Just use a little hot glue with every other row or so or if you notice the twine is starting to "slip out of place."


Half-way there!  You can see the twine wraps nicely around the can and although it might look like I have hot glued all of it I didn't.  In the picture here the twine is only hot glued about every two to three rows except for the bottom where I used a little more hot glue to get started.
Almost Done!



I decided to add a few Fall leaves since twine reminds me so much of the Fall.  Now it serves as a nice Fall decoration and holds pasta.




















No comments:

Post a Comment