Sunday, December 8, 2013

Hash Brown Casserole





I came across this recipe on the back of a Tennessee Pride package of sausage and thought hmmm…. this actually sounds like something we would really enjoy around here!  So I figured why not give it a try …. and it turned out delicious enough I knew I had to blog about it so here I go!




Ingredients:

2lbs. of ground Sausage
1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup
8oz. container of French Onion Dip
1cup of Sour Cream
30oz. package of Frozen Hashbrowns (allow them to thaw for use in the recipe)
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese

Optional:
Chopped Onions to taste
Chopped Bell Pepper (recipe calls for green and red)



Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Meanwhile, brown 2 lbs. of sausage.


While your sausage is cooking, mix the cream of chicken soup, French Onion Dip, Sour Cream, Shredded Cheese and 30oz. package of thawed hash browns.  Also, if you are adding any chopped onion or bell pepper go ahead and mix it in with the rest of these ingredients.

Once the sausage is fully cooked, drain the grease off thoroughly.  In a 9x13 pan, spread the bottom with a layer of the hash brown mixture, then a layer of sausage.  Continue layering the ingredients until the ingredients are used up.  I topped my casserole with the remaining shredded cheddar cheese.

Bake for one hour.


Obviously the casserole was over half gone before I got around to taking some pics for the blog… but hey.. at least it's proof the recipe was actually a really good one.


No comments:

Post a Comment