Friday, August 30, 2013

BBQ Bacon Chicken Pizza - YUM!

If you're a fan of BBQ pizzas here is a simple and EASY recipe that's quick to put together and "tastefully simple."  In a nutshell you need a pizza crust, chicken, bacon, BBQ Sauce, cheese and which ever toppings you prefer but I decided to include a more detailed list below.


Ingredients:
1) Pizza Crust
2) Non-stick cooking spray (or olive oil)
3) 1 Cup of BBQ Sauce of your choice (I prefer a good bit of sauce with mine but you could easily use     more or less BBQ Sauce.
4) 1-2lbs. of chopped chicken - depending on how much you prefer
5) 2 Cups of Shredded Cheddar Cheese &/or Mozzarella Cheese
6) Pizza toppings - I used Chopped Onion & Bell Pepper (which were frozen but it didn't matter - they don't have to be cooked for this recipe)
7) Bacon, Bacon seasoning from "Tastefully Simple" - or bacon bits if that's what you have.


I used a store bought pizza crust but I'm sure any crust would work.  I find this specific crust to be a bit "sticky" or "doughy" because I prefer a thicker crusted pizza so the dough tends to be more dense.  You will definitely want some non-stick type of spray or just use some regular olive oil on your pizza pan or cookie sheet... whichever you choose to bake it on.


1) Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.

2) Spray your baking pan GENEROUSLY with the non-stick spray and spread your pizza dough out.  What I like about this specific dough is that it doesn't have to be perfect (as you can tell from my picture below.. lol).  Pre-bake according to package directions.  For this, it was 8 minutes at 400 degrees.


3) Once your crust has pre-baked, spread your BBQ sauce all over the crust.  You do not need any pizza sauce with this recipe! I made this mistake once and (to me) it wasn't good at all!



4) Begin your toppings by spreading the chopped chicken all over the crust.  I seasoned mine with some "Tastefully Simple" seasoned salt and garlic during the cooking process but I'm sure whatever you have on hand would be delicious as well!





5)  Layer the shredded cheese and the other pizza toppings over the chicken and BBQ Sauce.

6) Add the bacon bits last or if you happen to have the Bacon, Bacon Seasoning sprinkle a generous amount over the pizza.



6) Bake according to package instructions or until the dough is done and the cheese has fully melted.



Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment