Sunday, October 14, 2012

Cans and Ribbons

We use a lot of cans at our house!  I had seen previous crafters take their soup cans and make different things out of them so I decided I would give it a try.




I started with a regular soup can that I thoroughly cleaned and peeled the label off of.



 I picked out some ribbon I liked (which wasn't hard to do since I like ribbon so much!) and used a regular all-purpose adhesive that dried clear and worked on fabric.



I cut about three strands of ribbon to cover the can completely.  I pasted the adhesive to the back of the ribbon and then carefully rapped it around the can.  I did allow some time to pass before beginning with the next ribbon strand in order to allow the adhesive to set a little on the previous ribbon strand.




And hears the finished product.  I used it as a pen/pencil holder.  However, I'm seriously thinking I will make some more of these to use with different items.

No comments:

Post a Comment