Monday, October 15, 2012

Spices in Order

I have always had a disaster when it comes to the spice rack.  The primary way I like to season my meals is with a variety of spices but keeping them organized and easy to access has always been the challenge.

I started by emptying the spice cabinet and taking an inventory of everything I had.  I grouped them into different categories including 1) Salts & Peppers 2) Spices & Seasonings 3) Meat & Poultry seasonings and then finally (since I use so much of this stuff) 4) Asian Cooking which included pretty much everything from Soy Sauce to Stir-Fry seasoning.

I put each category into a bin I found at the Dollar Tree for $1, added a label with scrap paper and used a whole puncher and some of my husband's zip ties to attach the label to the bin.  And... Presto!! An easier more organized spice cabinet.

No comments:

Post a Comment