Friday, March 7, 2014

DIY Memo Board





As if I didn't have enough crafts with cookie sheets from the dollar tree I've decided I would add yet another one!  This time however, I'm turning it into a DIY Memo Board for a dear friend from college.

It's a relatively easy project it just takes patience to finish the entire craft… especially if you plan on adding the embellishments I have added.

I started by painting the edges of the cookie sheet black with a craft paint.  This process took 3-4 coats for me as the cookie sheet seemed "slick" and the paint had difficulty adhering to the pan.

But, all in all after a few coats I think it turned out great.










I decorated the cookie sheet with scrapbook paper and used a box cutter to cut the scrapbook paper to the specific measurements I needed.. I didn't really measure, just cut it like you see in the picture to the right.











And here's my final scrapbook layout!  I mod-podged all of the scrapbook paper to the cookie sheet.  Also, I painted the cookie sheet with mod-podge…. placed the scrapbook paper on it….. then mod-podged over the top of the scrapbook paper.  I used a stencil to trace out the "W"

And here's the final product

Also, I made my on mod podge using glue and water… I used about 3/4 of glue to 1/4 of water for a somewhat thick mod-podge




I found some 3D "sticky letters" which I used to spell out "MEMOS".   Then used magnets to attach the notepad and glitter clothespins.

If you don't have any magnets… you can easily find those "photo magnets" used to turn a picture into a magnet and then cut it to size which is what I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment