Friday, March 14, 2014

Mason Jar Sewing Kit


Making your own DIY sewing kit is super easy.  Although none of my pictures include an actual sewing kit inside the jar that's only because I haven't gotten around to it yet but…. thought I'd show you how I used a jar to make a sewing kit with a pin cushion attached to the top.

Adding the pin cushion to the top of the lid is the trickiest part to this craft.  Other than that it's a super easy craft to make.



I cut my fabric to size (about 1.5 inches around the lid) and then used some quilt batting (because it's what I had).  I shaped the quilt batting into a ball…the picture to the right isn't exactly a nice round ball but it is very difficult to hold the batting and take a picture.





I used a touch of hot glue and glued the batting to the TOP of the lid.




Cover your lid and batting with the fabric and use hot-glue to secure it to the back of the lid.


And once your fabric is secured you're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment