Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Strawberry Cheesecake Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Icing




This recipe turned out to be one of my better ideas and trust me… I've had enough bad ideas in the kitchen to know when I come across a good one :-)

I've been on the search for a Strawberry Cake and/or Strawberry Cheesecake Cake recipe for a few days now (courtesy of too many strawberries in the house) when I finally decided I would just make my own Strawberries N' Cream kinda cake.

For the most part this recipe is easy and simple, nothing too complicated and even my toddler H enjoyed helping me out!

Ingredients

1 box of yellow cake mix - prepared according to package instructions
1 cup of diced strawberries
1 package of cream cheese - softened (I popped mine in the microwave for a few seconds)
1 egg
1 cup of sugar
1 container of Cream Cheese Frosting - (I used Duncan Hines)






 Start by cleaning and dicing up your strawberries until you have approximately 1 cup of diced strawberries.












Once your strawberries are diced, Mix together the cream cheese, sugar and egg using a blender… then gently fold in your chopped strawberries.










The picture below shows the cream cheese mixture with the strawberries gently folded in.


Pour half of your prepared cake mix into a WELL GREASED Bundt Cake pan and use a spoon to drop little "dollops" of the cream cheese mixture into the cake mix batter.  You will want to use half of the cream cheese mixture.
Pour the remaining cake mix into the cake pan and repeat the step above continuing to drop the rest of the cream cheese mixture into the cake pan.


Bake in a preheated oven according to package directions.  Once it has finished baking it may look a little like the picture below.



Allow the cake to cool completely before adding your cream cheese icing.  I warmed mine slightly in the microwave… just enough to get a good "drizzle" consistency to the frosting.





No comments:

Post a Comment