Saturday, September 28, 2013

Bread Crumbs

Make your own bread crumbs!  It's one of the easiest things to do in the kitchen and you can use bread crumbs as a panko bread crust, to thicken soups and sauces or even add to meatloafs or meatballs to absorb some of the grease.


how to make bread crumbs


You will need to start with your bread (mine was hamburger buns) and place them on a baking sheet.  





 Bake at 300 degrees for approximately 20-30 minutes OR until they are golden brown colored like the ones in the picture.  Allow them to cool completely and if you notice some of the buns aren't quite "dry enough" ... (in my case the top half of a hamburger bun because it is so much thicker) place them back in the oven to continue baking until they are completely dry and can be blended in a blender.

I then used my blender to break the hamburger buns up and blend them into breadcrumbs.


.... And that's it!  From here I placed them in a Ziploc freezer safe bag and froze them for future use.  Since I am always using breadcrumbs I plan to make them myself (from this point forward) just using whatever bread pieces I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment