Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Marsala Chicken with Seared Potatoes & Broccoli



After going to a Metropolitan Cooking show in Houston Texas I decided to purchase one of those "smokeless indoor grills" that you place on your stove to grill fruits and vegetables.  The Houston cooking expo demonstrated the product and from that point forward I was hooked!!

For my first recipe I opted for a grilled chicken flavored with some Marsala cooking wine and seasoned with my Tastefully Simple season salt and "garlic garlic" seasonings.  I basically have only one comment to make regarding the meal...DELICIOUS!!  I've had several really bad ideas when it comes to cooking in the kitchen... but thankfully, this wasn't one of them!








I started with my chicken breasts and placed them in a ziploc bag and used a meat mallet to pound them out to approximately 1/4 inch thick.


This is a picture I took of the chicken AFTER I used a meat mallet to pound it out to about 1/4 inch thick.



Once I finished pounding the chicken I seasoned it with some Tastefully Simple seasoned salt and "garlic, garlic" seasonings.  The picture on the right shows my newest kitchen purchase of an "indoor smokeless grill."  This gadget allows me to grill meats and vegetables indoors and without the smoke.  The bottom pan has a hollow "ring" around the bottom which I put approximately 1/2 cup of Marsala Cooking Wine into in order to add some flavor to the chicken.


















I placed the chicken on my smokeless grill (which I set to medium/high heat) and allowed it to cook for approximately 7-8 minutes on each side.

As the chicken cooked, you can see how it begins to turn more "white" colored as opposed to its natural "flesh" colored tone.




The picture to the left shows the chicken during the middle of the cooking process.  It's obvious I added one of the chicken breasts (the one on the bottom) LATER on after the first one was almost done.



This is the fully cooked piece of chicken... which turned out to be tender enough to cut with a fork and deliciously flavorful!



I added some frozen broccoli to my skillet and flavored it with some Marsala cooking wine along with some season salt and pepper.  I covered with a lid and cooked until the broccoli was cooked through completely.





I chopped some red potatoes and seasoned them with season salt and "garlic, garlic" seasonings.  I used olive oil to prevent the potatoes from sticking and add some moisture, flavor and fast to the potatoes.



And here is the complete meal.  Altogether, it took maybe 20-30 minutes to cook everything.  It's definitely one of my better ideas when it comes to cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment