Friday, September 27, 2013

Twine Candle Votive

It seems with Fall quickly approaching I am interested in ANYthing that even remotely resembles Fall or the Thanksgiving season.  Sooo... I have begun crafting with Fall items such as twine, burlap and cranberry/apple scented candles.  My dollar store twine candle votive is the most recent "Fall craft."

I think it has a "rustic" feel that looks great with the other Fall decorations.





You will need to start with gathering your supplies.  Mine included a candle votive, candle holder and some twine along with a hot glue gun.  I started hot glueing the first strand onto the candle holder and wrapped the twine down and around towards the bottom.  There are a couple of things you might find useful to know:


1) I did NOT hot glue the twine the ENTIRE way around the votive.  I used a little hot glue "here and there" and continued wrapping around until I noticed the twine was beginning to slip and could use a little something to hold it in place.
2)  It is important to know that with this particular votive, once you reach the widest point of the votive it begins to narrow and this is where the twine is more likely to slide downward.  You will need to use a little more adhesive (I used a hot glue gun).. in order to make sure the twine doesn't slip and the wrapping is even and continuous.








Then you add your candle and enjoy your craft!  I also happen to think an orange colored candle would be gorgeous for November and maybe even a black one for Halloween!  At any rate,   Happy Crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment