Saturday, September 28, 2013

Roll Tide Burlap Centerpiece!


I recently decided I would use some burlap to make a centerpiece for my favorite football team!  To start with yo will need :
1) Wire coat hanger
2) Burlap - approximately 6-7 yards 
3) Decorative ribbon of your choice (since I'm a bama fan I chose colors of "crimson" and then something that resembled the "houndstooth" look), I was unable to find the actual houndstooth ribbon/fabric so I opted for the ribbon in the picture.


How To Make The Centerpiece:
1)  Use a pair of pliers (wire cutters) to cut the top off of a wire coat hanger.  Using your wire coat hanger "thread" the burlap onto the wire coat hanger.  Don't worry about getting it perfect!

2)  Continue weaving the burlap onto the wire coat hanger until it is as "full" looking as you prefer.  I tend to prefer a really "full" looking centerpiece so I used quite a bit of the burlap.

3)  Once you have finished weaving the burlap onto the wire coat hanger, use some pliers and "twist" the two wire ends together in a circular motion in order to fasten the ends together.

4)  Select any type of decorative ribbon to "tie into" the burlap centerpiece along with a candle that matches.  Because of the burlap centerpiece MAKE SURE you are aware that if you choose a candle not in a glass candle holder.... there is a huge possibility you will need to make/create a centerpiece that works for you!















No comments:

Post a Comment