Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Mending The Cracks

I recently bought a really cute pumpkin which looked gorgeous on my mahogany sofa table.... that is until the little 4 year old from next door paid us a visit!  He enjoys playing with my daughter.... and on this particular day my gorgeous Fall pumpkin!

I decided to "mend the crack" and find a way to use the pumpkin as a decoration somewhere in the house.


My broken pumpkin with a crack
and no stem.

I used some adhesive and applied
with a sponge.





In the picture to the left, I used a piece of Fall Burlap Ribbon to hide the obvious crack down the side of the pumpkin.






Instead of trying to glue the stem back on I opted to use the pumpkin as a vase and place some fall flowers inside.  

It's not exactly the pumpkin I purchased, but I suppose it's one way to use a cracked pumpkin as opposed to throwing it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment