Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Chicken Asian Stir-Fry

Well I'm at it again... cooking things I may or may not like!!  But hey, if you're a foodie such as myself you'll give anything a try at least once!

I came across this recipe at www.kraftrecipes.com.  If you haven't checked out this site you NEED to.  It is awesome when it comes to simple, easy, flavor-filled recipes.

This was one of their NUMEROUS stir-fry chicken recipes... and I have to say, the thing I like the most is that it was QUICK AND EASY.... and for an amateur cook such as myself, the phrase "quick and easy" means a lot!  I also thought the flavor was delicious and knew right away this would be a dish I could easily take as a left-over to lunch the following day and still enjoy!



You start with the following Ingredients:

1/2lb. angel hair pasta
2-3 cups of broccoli (or any other veggie you prefer)
2 chicken breasts -(sliced thin or chopped into chunks).. mine were already chopped and cooked

Seasoning Ingredients:
1/2 cup of Sesame Asian Toasted salad resign
2Tbsp of Soy Sauce
1/2 tsp of ginger
1/2 tsp of garlic

Mix all of the seasoning ingredients together.  Cook pasta according to package directions and during the last 3 minutes of cooking add broccoli ... I opted to use some frozen broccoli that I had on hand so I added my broccoli for that last 7-8 minutes of cooking.

If your chicken has not been previously cooked and chopped, place your chicken ( in small pieces) into a skillet coated with non-stick spray.  Cook until 1/2 way done and then add your seasoning ingredients and continue cooking until the chicken is completely done.  Then add your pasta & broccoli (or substitute veggie) mixture and stir together until all seasonings are incorporated and the chicken is cooked all the way through.

Add the pasta & broccoli mixture to the chicken and then stir together until fully incorporated.  Remove from heat and top with 1/3 cup of dry roasted peanuts and a drizzle of the Sesame Toasted Asian salad dressing.



No comments:

Post a Comment