Saturday, October 5, 2013

Home News Center

I have long needed a neutral spot in my home where everyone can make notes regarding what's needed, what we're out of or even what it is they want.

So.... that led me to explore Pinterest and tons of other blogs in search of a craft (affordable one at that!) which could accommodate all of my needs!... Also, did I mention I was hoping these could also be used as gifts!


Well..... here's my "Home News Center" / "Gift for Others" -- at some point.






I started with a dollar store cookie sheet and painted it black.  Afterwards, I embellished it with a "flower clip" - in the upper left corner... and then used a key with a ribbon attached (which I hooked a pen too).  





I used hot glue to attach the key and also to attach the flower clip in the left corner of the cookie sheet.




After attaching the Flower Clip in the upper left corner of the cookie sheet with hot glue I used a piece of paper from the notepad to display the flower clip.







This is the magnetic notepad.  I liked it from the beginning because there is a magnetic strip on the back which makes it usable for the purposes of a "home center" cookie sheet.




I then used a piece of Scrap Book paper to glue to the bottom of the cookie sheet in order to add some color and dimension.  There is also an "n" glued to the right side of the cookie sheet.  I chose to include this because I found numerous letters such as these on clearance one day at Michael's.!!!  Since then, I just decided I would collect those $1 items for use in future crafts... and this is exactly where I found my "Flower Clip", notepad, the letter "n" and my ink pen.






At this point I attached small hair clips to the "flower from a jar lid" craft in order to use when necessary..... the small flower hair clip here is proof that this is all you need to attach a coupon, receipt, ticket... etc to your home "news center."
This small hair clip can be used to attach useful
information to the "flower lid label" made from jar lids








From this picture you can see the "key" has been hot-glued to the top of the painted cookie sheet and that the ribbon attached to the key has been used to secure a key to for future uses.







This is a picture of the "jar lid flower" that I have used to attach a hair clip too.  I like this pick because is shows how easy it is to "clip things" even if all you have is a "baby hair pin."







From the pictures above it is easy to tell that simple jar lids and felt material are all you need to begin the project.  Cut your felt, and according to picture instructions cue a "circular flower" out of felt material and later "glue it" to the center of a mason jar lid in order to create the "flower" look in the pics above.






And finally the finished product!!  I included the letter "n" because my nieces last name begins with "n".



No comments:

Post a Comment