Saturday, October 19, 2013

Grouper Filets with Wild Rice



Ahhh... I'm still basking in the glow of a fading summer sun on the beaches of Orange Beach, Al while enjoying some fresh home-style seafood cooking.  My husband surprised me with some Grouper fish filets so I set about finding a recipe that would satisfy my seafood tastebuds.





Ingredients

1) Grouper Filets
2) 1 Box of Uncle Ben's long grain wild rice (or 2 if you prefer
3) 1 Tbsp of butter for each filet
4) Emeril Lagasse's "Essence" seasoning

I started with some of Emerli's "Essence Seasoning" which is basically a blend of salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and rosemary.  I'm sure there are probably more herbs and spices that I haven't mentioned but these are the major spices and seasoned BOTH sides of the Grouper filets rather generously.  Spread approximately one Tbsp of butter over the top of each filet. My grouper filets looked like the ones below.

Grouper Filets seasoned with Essence and topped with butter


I baked them at 375 degrees for about 20-30 minutes.  Cook time will vary depending on the size of your filets.  These filets are actually a pretty good size.  You can tell from the picture above that two filets took up most of a 9x12 pan.


When the top of the fish is completely white (like in the picture) it's a good indication the fish has finished cooking.

Prepare your rice according to package instructions and once finished place your grouper filets over the rice.  I added a few cooked carrots to my dish for a healthy nutritious touch.










No comments:

Post a Comment