Friday, October 4, 2013

Southern Sweet Tea



Sweet Tea.. it seems simple enough.  Make your tea, add some sugar and there you have it... sweet tea. I've always had my standard "go to recipe" when it comes to sweet tea.  However, I'm fairly open minded when it comes to re-thinking how to make a recipe I've done the same way for years.

I came across this recipe and it quickly became one of my FAVORITE sweet tea recipes!

1)  Start with the tea of your choice and put it in a boiler of water on the stove top. (I use 6-7 cups of water and 3-4 pint size tea bags).  Cook on high until the tea comes to a gentle boil then reduce heat.... Don't allow the mixture to come to a rolling boil because you don't want your tea bag to burst!

2) Add 1 cup of sugar and 2/3  cup of brown sugar and gently boil until the sugar has completely melted then remove from heat.

3) Remove tea bags and pour mixture into a 1 gallon pitcher and continue filling with water until the pitcher is full.

If this recipe is too sweet for your tastes start by cutting back on the amount of brown sugar.... If you find it's not sweet enough to suit your tastes add a full cup of brown sugar... but, above all  ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment